Purchasing your first home can be daunting! There are so many questions…
• How do I find the best interest rate? How much money do I need to save for a deposit?
• It will take me forever to save 20%…I do not want to buy a high mortgage insurance rate! What is a “mortgage insurance?”
• How do I calculate my total mortgage payment
• Does Connecticut have any amazing exclusive programs to assist first-time home-buyers?
• Is my credit score high enough?
The ELN is here to help by hosting this lunch and learn to answer your questions and provide useful information. Our panel consists of two staff members of the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority; which provides different mortgage programs, counseling courses, and educational material. Additionally, we will have a knowledgeable real estate agent on the panel from the William Raveis realty company. The agent works with buyers and sellers throughout the state with varying real estate experience.The panel offers an excellent resource for first-time home buyers, sellers, developers, multifamily owners and more.
Rita Bellinger, Single Family Operations Officer 3, Training, Connecticut Housing Finance Authority
Heather Bilger, Manager 1, Training and Underwriting Single Family Programs, Connecticut Housing Finance Authority
Pamela K Hippolyte, Affordable Mortgage Lending Officer, Liberty Bank
Erica Popick, Associate Sales Manager, William Raveis Realty Company